Head Coach eSports
Recruit student-athletes that can be successful academically, socially and athletically at Lawrence Technological University, meeting a minimum roster size of 25 unique student-athletes each year with a roster goal of 50 in two years; instruct and prepare the student-athletes for NACE competition; schedule and coach intercollegiate matches and tournaments, including an active reserve schedule; counsel the student-athletes on academic, athletic and social issues; coordinate a team community service program; provide a connection point for outreach to the campus, alumni and Southfield community.
Instruct, teach and coach student-athletes during practice and competition.
• Plans practice and/or competition strategy.
• Identify, evaluate and recruit potential team members to LTU, recording transactions in Front Rush or similar university provided recruiting software.
• Retain current LTU students as team members
• Ensures that program meets annual squad size number (first year goal of 25)
• Ensures program recruiting activities adhere to University and NACE Policies and Procedures • Ensures ongoing eligibility of student athletes in the eSports program and monitors their academic program. Targets include a 3.00 team GPA and a 90 percent graduation rate for student-athletes that exhaust eligibility at LTU.
• Conducts inventories of uniforms, supplies and equipment to ensure effective maintenance of resources.
• Effectively uses fiscal resources to coordinate team travel and recruiting.
• Insures that the program participates in at least one Champions of Character activity annually. • Serves as the primary spokesperson for the program in the community, leading at least two team community service projects annually and participating in at least one addition project personally.
• Represents the University at conference, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to eSports.
• Works with the SID to provide accurate data for individual and team accomplishments, as well as game scores.
• Provides reports and documentation when required by the Director of Athletics and/or Dean of Students.