Head Esports Coach
Duties & Responsibilities
A position description has been developed for the head coach at Central Christian College.
- Subscribe without reservation to the Mission of Central Christian College, its philosophy of athletics, and to the Christian faith.
- Christ-centered in their coaching approach and philosophy. Display appropriate Christian demeanor in all areas with players, officials, fans, and administrators.
- Academic minded. After helping student-athletes grow in their Christian faith the greatest work of a coach is to help their student athlete’s attain a college degree. Coaches are expected to encourage and assist student-athletes in their academic progress.
- Recruit. Each coach is expected to maintain a full roster that has been determined by the coach, AD and college president.
- Excellence. Coaches are expected to be well prepared in all aspects of their coaching. From when a student is first approached during the recruiting process to the day they graduate, it would be our desire that we give our best in preparation and planning of practices, games and personal time with our students, colleagues and fellow CCC staff.
- Schedule season games according to athletic guidelines. Be sensitive to number of classes missed and the traditions within the school calendar (no conflict dates).
- Assist the Athletic Director and the Faculty Athletic Representative (FAR) in certifying athletes including the collection of high school and college transcripts.
- Promptly turn in a complete, typed roster and typed schedule to the Athletic Director and to the SID prior to the beginning of the season upon request by the AD. All rosters should be turned into the Alumni Office so they can be coded as athletic alumni.
- Follow budgeting guidelines as established by the Athletic Committee and administration.
- Schedule own transportation.
- Schedule for sack lunches from the Director of Food Service for each road trip.
- Work through college designated SID or call in all scores promptly to local newspaper and radio.
- Attend, support, and participate in all Athletic Committee meetings.
- Maintain and update individual and team records which should be submitted annually to the Athletic Director, and the Central Christian College archives.
- Coaches responsible for ensuring injured members are properly cared for and ensuring appropriate administrators are informed of injuries.
- Coaches will be responsible for taking inventory of uniforms and equipment at the beginning and end of the season.
- Coaches will be responsible for giving their own team awards and for nominating their players for NACE Region/Conference awards, including Academic All American and the institutional awards. Team awards will be at the discretion and expense of each individual program.
- Monitor and supervise assistant coaches and student assistants including appropriate behavior, dress, completion of time sheet, etc.
- Work alongside the Admission’s Coordinator to schedule campus visits, follow college admissions recruiting policies and report relevant data to the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices.
- As an employee of the college, report breaches of the college’s Code of Character and the student handbook’s Standards of Living, to the Chief Student Affairs Officer.
Head Esports Coach
||Central Christian College of Kansas
||Based on Experience
|Posting Start Date:
- All members of the athletics staff must profess a faith in Jesus Christ as his/her person Lord and Savior.
- Minimum qualifications are a bachelor degree from an accredited college of university.
- Candidate must have game experience in both League of Legends and Overwatch, which are the two games that the CCCK E-Sports program supports.
- To apply submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and application to Athletic Director Kyle Moody, at Kyle.Moddy@Centralchristian.edu
||This listing expires on: 8/21/2020