Head eSports Coach
The Head eSports Coach will be responsible for continuing the development the year-old varsity eSports program at the University of Saint Mary, as well as recruiting student participants for the program, and coaching and devising strategy for the team. The eSports Coach will also provide key input into the selection of games and tournaments in which the team will participate.
Head eSports Coach
||University of Saint Mary
|Posting Start Date:
- Recruiting and retaining students for the eSports program
- Conducting coaching and instruction activities during training, practice and competition
- Providing guidance and input on games selected for varsity competition
- Providing input and maintenance of eSports facility and selection of equipment
- Coordinating off-season, practice, and competition schedules
- Assisting with team travel when necessary
- Running camps, clinics, and promotional events
- Pursuing sponsorship opportunities within the eSports business world.
- Ensuring team compliance with all league, conference, and institutional rules and regulations
- Continuously ensuring personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with the University of Saint Mary values and brand
Ability to work flexible schedules, including evenings and weekends is required. Significant travel is required for recruiting, as well as with the team for tournaments.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least one year competitive eSports experience involving multiplayer online video games with team-based elements and expert knowledge of League of Legends, Overwatch, Fortnite, Rocket League, Smash Bros., or similar games.
- Coaching or teaching experience preferred.
- Experience recruiting high school or college students preferred.
- Ability to envision and drive growth for the university’s Esports program.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to resolve issues independently.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.Affinity with the overall mission of the University of Saint Mary
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators and professional colleagues.
- A valid driver's license and ability to travel are required.
- Significant travel is rquired for recruiting, as well as with the team for tournaments.
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three current professional references at:
https://www.stmary.edu/employment/details/172-head-esports-coach (preferred method)
or to email at firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Saint Mary
4100 South Fourth Street
Leavenworth, Kansas 66048
Saint Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
||This listing expires on: 6/23/2022