Head Coach E-Sports
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan. Visit E-Sports at Esports - Indiana Tech Athletics (indianatechwarriors.com).
The esports head coach should be student development-minded and be prepared to interact with students daily. The commitment of the esports program is to enhance the student experience and provide quality programs that are competitive, fun and meaningful in an atmosphere that promotes success within the spirit of fair play, sportsmanship, and integrity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually develop a program that has a primary focus on academic success while also enhancing student skills in sportsmanship, communication, accountability, respect, character, and teamwork
- Administer the program's recruitment while upholding the team discount rate. The individual will be expected to manage the programs budget both effectively and responsibly
- Develop and administer program policies that share institutional values and philosophy
- Purchase equipment and supplies for short term and long term objectives of the program; maintain appropriate inventory
- Prepare, maintain and accurately schedule facilities for practices, games, and meetings in collaboration with other departments and staff members
- Develop a marketing strategy for the program through diverse methods, which include but are not limited to website maintenance, social media, and media team development
- Build a positive reputation on campus and throughout the nation for Indiana Tech esports and promote the legitimacy of the sport
- Continually grow knowledge of the diverse and ever-changing field of esports. This person will be expected to be able to coach several different teams from within the esports program.
- Develop and execute practice and competition schedules for the esports teams
- Ensure that the program will meet any team size or recruitment goals
- Ensure player eligibility to all university policies and other national governing bodies
- Work with the Office of Student Success to monitor and track the academic progress of the teams
- Travel as required by competition and recruitment
- Oversee the student media team that will broadcast and commentate on official matches
- Be available for secondary assignments which promote the success of the entire athletics department
- Bachelors degree
- This person must be flexible with their allotted hours and capable of scheduling practices and games around student class schedules
- Must possess knowledge of League of Legends, Hearthstone, and Overwatch
- Must be highly self-directed and comfortable completing tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Display consistent and punctual attendance
- Possess strong skills in communication, relationship building, programming implementation, and resource management
- Ability to work autonomously and maintain a professional demeanor
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Discord, and other university enterprise software
- Two years of leadership and esports coaching experience preferred at the collegiate level
Work is typically performed in an interior/office work environment. Some travel and physical work may be required.
Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to provide a written response to Tech's vision and diversity statements. For preferential review of materials, please apply here by May 20, 2022.