Head Coach - Overwatch
All applicants must apply online by using the following link:
The person in this position will manage all aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, team travel, equipment/apparel purchasing, staff supervision (if applicable), payroll, academic monitoring, fundraising, alumni engagement, community service efforts, and general supervision of student-athletes.
Essential Functions and Marginal Functions
- Oversees all aspects of the sport program. Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Instructs, teaches, and coaches student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Manages game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Coordinates development of a competitive and balanced schedule.
- Manages team within framework of established budget by purchasing equipment/apparel, uniforms, supplies, and other services.
- Monitors eligibility status and promotes academic progress of student-athletes.
- Hires, supervises, and mentors assistant and volunteer coaches (if applicable).
- Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Engages with key university staff and offices as necessary for matters related to sport program.
- Coordinates team fundraising and community service efforts.
- Promotes alumni engagement through various programming and outreach.
- Meets expectations for department-wide fundraising initiatives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities may include event management, facility supervision, assigned administrative tasks, committee work, or representing the Athletics Department at conferences/meetings.
Position reports to the Director of Esports.
Supervises assistant and volunteer coaches (if applicable) as well as student-athletes, student workers, and team managers.
Arcadia University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by your employment start date. Arcadia will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination policy due to medical condition or religious belief. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment. Our vaccination protocols are subject to applicable laws and will be updated from time to time to reflect evolving conditions and federal, state, local, and other applicable health and safety guidelines.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in Greater Philadelphia that provides an educational experience that is values-based; rooted in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI); and places students at the center. The Institute of International Education has ranked Arcadia first nationally in study abroad for 10 of the last 11 years, and the Princeton Review has ranked Arcadia among the "Best in the Northeast" for seven consecutive years. The University's Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report, which also ranks Arcadia among the top 25 percent in its category and cites Arcadia for being among the "most innovative" and "best value" colleges. Approximately 3,700 students study at Arcadia, with 2,300 undergraduate students choosing from more than 65 fields of study. Arcadia promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Through its community of practice, Arcadia has made facilitating a safe and welcoming environment a priority by developing and implementing Anti-Black Racism Initiatives (ABRI) on campus. Visit www.arcadia.edu.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to the hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to candidates selected for additional consideration.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
At Arcadia University, our JEDI principles (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) are the foundation of our highly regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, gender identity, military or military veteran status, disability, family medical or genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. All offers of employment are conditional based on the successful completion of a background check. Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
Head Coach - Overwatch
||$ To be discussed during interview process
|Posting Start Date:
Include Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and Minimum Qualifications
Essential Job Requirements Education:
Work experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree. Master's degree is preferred.
- Previous coaching experience at the collegiate or high school level preferred.
- Successful collegiate gaming and coaching experience preferred.
- World ranking or demonstrated experience in offered game preferred.
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Strong initiative, detail, and follow-up skills with student-athletes, staff members, and administration.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement.
- General computer knowledge with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience.
- Working knowledge of collegiate Esports league rules of play.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both games and recruiting expected.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment is important.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required.
- Compliance with athletic conference rules and regulations required.
- Compliance with collegiate Esports leagues rules and regulations required.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach sport-specific skills required.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Physical ability to include standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, kneeling and stooping, manual dexterity, and ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
||This listing expires on: 11/18/2022