The position information for this posting is listed below.
DO NOT USE THE APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IN THE RIGHT COLUMN.
Head Esports Coach
Mars Hill University is currently seeking a Head Coach, Esports. The Esports coach will be responsible for recruiting qualified students for both club and competitive varsity level teams, scheduling and coaching intercollegiate matches and tournaments, scheduling practice preparation, and scheduling the training lab/arena with time for walk-ins interested in gaming. The coach must demonstrate a vision for a collegiate Esports program at Mars Hill University.
- Preparing eSport student-athletes for NACE, Tespa and other competition and tournaments;
- Developing, preparing and executing fall and spring practice schedules and competition. Communicate practice times and event times with team members.
- Instructing, teaching and coaching student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles during practice and competition.
- Conducting video analysis and instruction as a teaching and preparation tool.
- Collaborating with Recruitment and Admissions to recruit and enroll qualified Esports students for club sports and varsity level competition team.
- Collaborating with the Center for Academic Success and Advising on the advising and retention of students recruited specifically for club sports and varsity level competitive team.
- Ensuring that the competitive varsity level club program meets annual squad size number (currently 12).
- Ensuring that program recruitment activities adhere to University and NACE Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring player eligibility in all collegiate leagues and competition and maintenance of player records that demonstrate eligibility.
- Ensuring player eligibility in all collegiate leagues and competition and maintain player records of that eligibility.
- Development of schedules for competitions that are fiscally efficient and spectator friendly.
- Effectively uses fiscal resources to coordinate team travel and recruiting.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for the Esports program in the community.
- Representing the University at conferences, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to Esports.
- Provide accurate data for individual and team accomplishments, as well as game scores.
- Provides reports and documentation when required.
- Communication of monthly recruiting activity with the Director of Athletics and Admissions.
- Participating in the development and implementation of an assessment plan to measure program outcomes.
- Creation and maintenance of inventory for uniforms, supplies and equipment.
- Preventive maintenance of physical resources.
- Ensuring that all surfaces are kept clean and equipment is sanitized and disinfected as needed.
- Monitoring of room usage for safety concerns and working with the Facilities department on remediation.
- Ensure that facility and equipment is properly secured at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Head Esports Coach
||Mars Hill University
||Mars Hill, NC
|Posting Start Date:
||This listing expires on: 7/25/2022