Esports Program Coordinator and Head Coach
The Esports Coordinator/Head Coach is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive collegiate Esports program. The successful candidate will fulfill these duties while adhering to all policies, guidelines, and principles as set forth by Ohio Wesleyan University, the Division of Student Engagement and Success and the National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE).
This is a full-time, 12-month, Student Engagement and Success professional staff position. The Esports Coordinator/Head Coach will report directly to the Vice President for Student Engagement and Success with a dotted line to the Vice President for Enrollment and Communications for support and guidance related to recruitment and outreach efforts. This position will also partner with the Athletic Director for support of student athlete needs. To apply, go to https://bit.ly/3x1r6eo.
Core Job Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to develop students both academically and athletically.
- Schedules and provides instruction for all practices, competitions, and team and campus events within the university and NACE guidelines.
- Instructs, teaches, and coaches students during practice and competition.
- Conducts video analysis and instruction as a teaching and preparation tool.
- Provides leadership and direction to students, community members, and student employees/interns.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits potential team members to OWU in accordance with NACE policies and procedures.
- Recruits and retains students as team members and ensures that the program meets annual enrollment goals.
- Coordinates recruitment and scholarship activities with the Directors of Admission and Financial Aid.
- Collaborates with University Communications to draft and execute a comprehensive Esports communication and outreach plan.
- Responsible for engaging with high school Esports clubs with the intent to recruit new student players for enrollment at OWU.
Administration and Events
- Responsible for scheduling, budget control, public relations, program promotions, academic support, and retention of students.
- Effectively plans and implements Esports events in a complex environment.
- Responsible for adhering to the policies and regulations of the University and NACE.
- Ensures that students meet OWU eligibility requirements to participate.
- Responsible for the orientation of students to Esports program and NACE guidelines.
- Prepares and maintaines accurate records and reports in a timely manner; particularly regarding budget, eligibility, compliance and travel documentation. Conduct ongoing assessment of the Esports program to determine effectiveness in achieving goals.
- Collaborates with other departments and the campus community to educate and continue to build the Esports program.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Maintains effective operation of Esports facility, including scheduling, space usage, submission of work orders, etc.
- Represents the College at conference, regional, state and national meetings relating specifically to Esports.
- Advocates for sponsorship opportunities related to program development.
- Keeps abreast of trends and issues in Esports and ensure program alignment to industry standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Esports Program Coordinator and Head Coach
||Ohio Wesleyan University
||Commensurate with experience.
|Posting Start Date:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of and experience with Esports games such as: League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Fortnite, Madden, Rocket League or similar games.
- Ability to effectively communicate with prospective students from point of inquiry through enrollment.
- A proven record of integrity and demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students academically and athletically.
- Through knowledge of, or willingness to learn, all applicable National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE) rules and Ohio Wesleyan University eligibility standards as they apply to Esports at OWU.
- Ability to coordinate all team travel and transportation in alignment with institutional policy.
- Ability to implement communication and outreach strategies.
- Knowledge of computer systems directly required for competitive Esports play and University administration.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Experience with developing and maintaining budgets.
- Evenings and weekend work and a physical presence on campus required.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- One year of coaching experience.
- Knowledge of social media communication tactics.
- Familiarity with Discord, Slack, Front Rush and/or Slate.
OWU is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and welcomes applications from all. OWU celebrates diversity and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, culture, national origin, sex and/or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, economic barriers, or any other legally protected factor. OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity, inclusion, and ant-racism. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
To apply, go to https://bit.ly/3x1r6eo.
||This listing expires on: 6/28/2022