Head Esports Coach - Overwatch
The person in this part-time position will manage all aspects of the sport program, including, but not limited to, practice planning, game preparation/scouting, in-game coaching, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, team travel, equipment/apparel purchasing, staff supervision (if applicable), payroll, academic monitoring, fundraising, alumni engagement, community service efforts, and general supervision of student-athletes.
Following the recent addition of esports, track & field, and ice hockey to the Arcadia’s Athletics Department, the University will now sponsor 26 varsity sports (13 women, 12 men, 1 co-ed) beginning in the 2021-22 academic year. Arcadia teams have captured several conference championships in recent years, including softball, men's basketball, and men's volleyball in 2019. Women's soccer joined the three conference champions in playing in the NCAA tournament during the 2018-19 season as well. The Knights earned their highest finish in University history by placing 125th overall in the 2018-19 Learfield IMG Directors' Cup standings.
Arcadia University is a top-ranked private University in greater Philadelphia and a national leader in international education. U.S. News & World Report ranks Arcadia nationally among the top universities in study abroad as well as among the top regional universities in the north. The Princeton Review has named Arcadia among the Best in the Northeast for five consecutive years, while the University’s Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs are nationally ranked in their respective categories by U.S. News & World Report. Arcadia University promises a distinctively global, integrative, and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and lead in a diverse and dynamic world. Visit www.arcadia.edu.
Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager. Due to the volume of applications received, communication will generally be limited to those candidates that are selected for additional consideration.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.
At Arcadia University, our JEDI principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are the foundation of our highly-regarded, values-based learning community, which reflects the world in which we want to live. As such, Arcadia actively seeks and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, gender identity, military or military veteran status, disability, family medical or genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
Employment may not begin until the University accepts the results of the background check.
Head Esports Coach - Overwatch
|Posting Start Date:
- Oversees all aspects of the sport program. Recruits and retains qualified student-athletes.
- Conducts training sessions to aid in the skill development of team members.
- Instructs, teaches, and coaches student-athletes on game strategies and performance principles.
- Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques and strategies, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement.
- Manages game-day preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Coordinates development of a competitive and balanced schedule.
- Manages team within framework of established budget by purchasing equipment/apparel, uniforms, supplies, and other services.
- Monitors eligibility status and promotes academic progress of student-athletes.
- Hires, supervises, and mentors assistant and volunteer coaches (if applicable).
- Serves as a role model for team members with regards to personal and professional conduct.
- Counsels and mentors team members as needed.
- Monitors health, wellness, and safety of team members.
- Enforces department and team expectations regarding general standard of behavior for student-athletes.
- Transports team members to away contests as required.
- Engages with key university staff and offices as necessary for matters related to sport program.
- Coordinates team fundraising and community service efforts.
- Promotes alumni engagement through various programming and outreach.
- Performs administrative tasks and completes requests for information as assigned.
- Meets expectations for department-wide fundraising initiatives.
Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. Contributes to the overall success of the Athletics Department by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Received: Position reports to the Director of Esports.
Given: Supervises assistant and volunteer coaches (if applicable) as well as student-athletes, student workers, and team managers.
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in scouting, talent assessment, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, whether dealing with individuals or groups, and an ability to work well with different constituents.
- Strong initiative, detail, and follow-up skills with student-athletes, staff members, and administration.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities. Ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and apply University policies and procedures to ensure operational compliance and reliable judgement.
- General computer knowledge with a proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience with Front Rush or similar recruiting software preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment for optimal gaming experience.
- Working knowledge of collegiate Esports league rules of play.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for both games and recruiting expected. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment is important. Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check, motor vehicle check, and drug test.
- Compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations required. Compliance with athletic conference rules and regulations required.
- Compliance with collegiate Esports leagues rules and regulations required.
- Physical ability to include standing and/or walking for long periods, bending, kneeling and stooping, manual dexterity, and ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
||This listing expires on: 8/10/2022