Head ESports Coach
- Determine specific daily practice activities that are organized and valuable for student-athletes while supervising, coordinating, and evaluating these activities with proper attention to student-athletes and their physical well-being
- Develop a competition schedule each year that provides the best possible opportunity for success with all games selected for competition (i.e., Overwatch, League of Legends, Valorant, Super Smash Bros., etc.)
- Review opponent performance and subsequently design individual and team instruction for student-athletes
- Working collaboratively with the Office of Admissions, recruit new student-athletes that have the ability to achieve personal, academic, and athletic success at LCU.
- Working collaboratively with the academic resources available on campus, monitor student-athlete academic progress to help ensure academic success, eligibility, retention, and graduation
- Communicate skillfully with colleagues, subordinates, and student-athletes while maintaining self-control and setting an example for sportsmanlike conduct in relationships with the team, officials, administration, and opponents in victory or defeat
- Provide clear direction of responsibility and authority with all other full-time, part-time, and volunteer assistants within the program
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings and functions
- Be fiscally responsible for the use of assigned operating and scholarship budgets monitoring expenditures regularly and ensuring timely turnaround of credit card statements, reimbursements, and vendor payments
- Ensure adherence to all National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE), Riot Scholastic Association of America (RSAA), and institutional rules and regulations.
- Actively support and engage in student-athlete community engagement/service opportunities
- Work with the Director of Athletics/Advancement Office in achieving fundraising goals and to seek out additional fundraising opportunities
- Continually assess actual team competitive performance versus expectations making adjustments as necessary
- Ensure student-athlete well-being by collaborating with the athletic training staff
- Responsible for the purchase, issuance, accounting, and retrieval of all applicable apparel and equipment
- Collaborate with LCU Chap Gaming Club (CGC) to develop and evaluate potential games for future inclusion in varsity program
- Work with CGC Esports Captain in assessing talent and play strategies
- Represent the university at NACE, RSAA, and other regional/national meetings/conferences as needed
- Serve as a role model and resource for student-athletes and assistant coaches
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
Head ESports Coach
||Lubbock Christian University
||Full Time w/ Benefits
|Posting Start Date:
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience
- Commitment to the institution’s mission and vision
- Strong managerial and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of NACE and RSAA rules and regulations
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of all games identified for competition
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications
- Willingness to undertake innovative approaches
- Ability to develop positive relationships with a diverse student and staff population
- Ability to perform well under stressful conditions
- Ability to listen critically
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Preferred coaching experience in esports and/or other non-traditional sports at the collegiate and/or high school level
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com.
- Walk a long distance around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.
||This listing expires on: 12/16/2021